About Cyber Security Apprenticeship – Level 4
LEVY AND NON-LEVY FUNDING OPTIONS
TrustScore 4.5 | 43 reviews
This is a level 4 apprenticeship that takes typically 18 months to complete. This apprenticeship is designed for individuals specializing in the cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations sector to protect organisations systems and people, through working on security design and architecture, security testing, investigations and response.
Course Delivery and Support
- Awarding Body: BCS
- It Combines Online learning, classroom training and On-the-job experience which will enable you to tackle the challenges posed by this rapidly expanding industry.
- Excellent support to finish the course with one -to- one guidance from a skills coach
How to be the most sought out Cyber Security Apprenticeship?
Also save upto 100% through funding
5 Reasons you should choose
Digital Marketing Apprenticeship from Applied Business Aacademy
Get full 1-1 support. You will receive support from mentor throughout your course.
Access to exclusive training content.
Assignments based on current business challenges.
Employer-based learning to address real opportunities.
Flexible start dates- Apprentices start any time they like. Building apprenticeship programmes around our public training schedule means we won’t rely on large cohorts or fixed starting dates
Why take this apprenticeship?
As a Data Analyst apprentice, you will:
- Apply the knowledge you gain from your studies to your professional practice
- Be paid a salary with no student debt, plenty of professional support and the chance to get your career off to a flying start with industry recognised certifications in Cyber Security, Network and Digital Communications Theory, Security Case Development and Technology Building Blocks, Design Good Practice, Employment of Cryptography.
- Study while doing work-based learning, which can be more rewarding and relevant.
What will you learn?
Learning will take place on and off your job which will easily fit your learning around your day job with access to our online learning platform. It can be accessed anytime, anywhere and on any device.
You will complete:
A portfolio -produced ongoing and complied towards the end of the Apprenticeship, containing evidence from real work projects
A business-related project which is completed over a one-week period away from the day-to-day workplace
Over the course of the Level 4 Apprenticeship, participants will cover topics such as cyber security, network and digital communications theory, security case development and design good practice, security technology building blocks and employment of cryptology.
- 1. Describe and explain why information and cyber security are important to business and to society.
- 2. Recall, describe and explain the terminology and basic concepts of cyber security.
- 3. Demonstrate and explain the concept of information assurance and how it can be delivered.
- 4. Describe and explain how security objectives can be developed and used to build a security case.
- 5. Demonstrate and explain how the basic security concepts can be applied to typical information and communications technology (ICT) cyber infrastructures.
- 6. Describe and explain common attack techniques and sources of threat.
- 7. Illustrate and explain ways to defend against the main attack techniques
- 8. Recall, describe and explain legal, regulatory, information security and ethical standards relevant to the cyber-community.
- 9. Discover and explain the concept and practice of keeping up with the threat landscape (horizon scanning).
- 10. Describe and explain future trends in cyber security
- 1. Demonstrate the understanding and operation of commonly used network data and protocols.
- 2. Compare and contrast the features and functionality of layered network models.
- 3. Understand the functionality and operation of network routing.
- 4. Understand the factors that affect network performance.
- 1. Describe what good practice in design is and how this may contribute to security.
- 2. Compare and contrast the features of reputable security architectures which incorporate security hardware and software components.
- 3. Describe the features of the Common Criteria Protection Profile.
- 4. Understand how to design and develop a ‘security case’, recognising that threats evolve and respond to a security design.
- 1. The ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of tools and methods employed to implement host based security for a range of threats.
- 2. A comprehensive knowledge of the technologies and techniques necessary for the defence and maintenance of networks and their hosts.
- 3. Understand the functionality and operation of security techniques as they apply to software and data.
- 4. A thorough understanding of the application, deployment and management of the security of networked systems and methods available to identify and reduce risk.
- 1. The ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the theory underpinning cryptographic techniques, common applications and limitations.
- 2. A comprehensive knowledge of the practical deployment of cryptography, how it is applied to secure a range of common public technologies, data and networked systems; in addition to issues faced in their deployment and updating.
- 3. A thorough understanding of the legal issues relevant to cryptography; particularly when crossing national borders and regulatory frameworks in place in various jurisdictions.
Professional qualification you can choose
No vendor or professional qualifications have been identified that would exempt the Knowledge Modules. Please speak to the course advisor if you need any further information.
Applied Business Academy Cyber Security Apprenticeship outcome
The learner will be working with the organisation’s Threats, hazards, risks and intelligence, developing and using a security case, working in an organisational context. The learner will gain skills to Design build & test a network (“Build a network”), Analysing a security case (“Make the security case”), and Structured and reasoned implementation of security in a network (“Build a secure network”).
The learner will need to show the knowledge and understanding in the basics of cyber security including why cyber security matters, the importance to the business and society. Basic theory concepts such as security, identity, confidentiality, integrity, availability, threat, vulnerability, risk and hazard. Describe Security assurance, how to build a security case, cyber security concepts applied to ICT infrastructure, key relevant features of UK and international law. Know and understand the current threat trends and understand the value and risk of this analysis.
The learner will gain logical and creative thinking skills, Analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and to take responsibility and can use own initiative in a creative professional and secure working environment.
Expected job roles
This apprenticeship gives you a great opportunity to develop and enhance your cyber skills, ensuring you have the technical grounding needed to become a
- Skilled Security Analyst
- Cyber Operations Manager
- Security Sales Engineer
- Information Security Officer
- Security Architect
- Risk Analyst
- Intelligence researcher
- Information Security Auditor
- Software Tester
- Security Engineer
- Security Administrator
- Governance & Compliance Analyst
Wherever possible our training is tailored to your needs. The cost of our training programmes depend on the course(s) you choose and varies according to duration and breadth. Rest assured we have a number of payment options available to ensure the cost of training is affordable and can be worked alongside your other financial commitments. Common ways people fund their training include
Funding & Grants
There may be the opportunity to apply for funded grants that can help towards the cost of training. All schemes will have different terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to qualify for a grant and these are managed by the ESFA.
We’d recommend you speak to our Course Advisor to discuss your requirements further.
You have an excellent opportunity to qualify for FREE funding that can help towards the cost of the training.
All schemes will have different terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to qualify for the funding options and these are managed by the ESFA in partnership with the training providers.
We’d recommend you speak to our Course Advisor to discuss your requirements further and find the best funding options available to you and to check if you qualify for this FREE training.
What we can help by
- Tailored personnel letters
- Communication with finance departments to arrange payment options (upfront or payment plan*
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Speak to a Course Advisor for full information on the options available to you
If you are a small company and would like to train one of your staff, please speak to our advisor to know the funding options available to you!
For large businesses, we recommend speaking to one of our levy consultant to check for opportunities to utilise your levy fund whereby you can upskill your existing staff for Free!
Professional recognition with Applied Business Academy
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry to both IISP and BCS Associate Membership and for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence. Those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
Get ready for a promising career in the top industries
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain the following qualification:
- Cyber Security Technologist L4
One of the most helpful and resourceful training centre with friendly staff greetings and over 10 years experienced tutors sharing their job prospects giving us real opportunity to get an insight into my aspiring IT job role. The teaching style is unique and would leave you hungry for more. I would definitely recommend this course.
I have been a freelancer for so many years and my passion for learning something new brought me to applied business academy. I enrolled myself on their IT Diploma programme and it has been a rewarding journey so far. I’ve learned a lot and through practical application of the learning, I have gained valuable IT support skills. I’ve joined the weekend class and if I find it hard to cope, I am given the option to come anytime on weekdays to get one to one support from a qualified IT assessor. I would strongly recommend this level 2 course for anyone who wish to learn the basics of IT support and how to become 1st line support technician! A huge thumbs up to the team at ABA!
I was planning on not going to university and wanted to experience the world of work, expand on my skills and knowledge. Apprenticeships are a great way to get into work, to build from the ground up and gives you a chance to earn while you learn. I gained a lot of knowledge about digital marketing during my time in ABA. It really opened my eyes on what it will feel like to work in a professional environment everyday and I have improved a lot of skills over the period of time. The people are awesome and really friendly. The atmosphere at the office was fantastic; I got on well with everyone in my group. I would surely recommend it to anyone who wants to start a career in marketing.
Excellent Training, Very Hands on. Fun learning Environment. Blended Learning was very good. I enjoyed the Practicals. Would highly recommend.
Applied Business Academy’s fast-moving and exciting industry-driven Apprenticeships
Get ready with a smart advantage for your career