About Functional Skills Maths – Entry Level 3, Level 1 and Level 2
FUNDED, NON FUNDED OPTIONS AVAILABLE
TrustScore 4.5 | 43 reviews
Applied Business Academy is offering the Functional Skills Maths in 3 levels in London (Free*) and you can gain a range of essential skills upon completion and progress further in your academic journey. You can benefit from gaining a range of Maths skills at different levels that suit your current requirements. Upon completion of your course you will learn and gain a Maths certification from the awarding body- NCFE.
Course Delivery and Support
Classroom Sessions- On Saturdays (6-8 weeks)
Allocation of IT Tutor with on-going support via email and telephone
Virtual Learning Environment, candidates must complete all online learning within the portal
Skills you will gain
Functional skills qualifications in mathematics assess three interrelated process skills:
Representing selecting the mathematics and information to model a situation
Analysing processing and using mathematics
Interpreting and communicating the results of the analysis
Who could take this qualification?
Ideal for those wishing to develop practical, transferable skills in Maths in order to work confidently, effectively and independently in life.
You can secure work as an
- Administrative Assistant,
- Personal Assistant,
- Secretary or any other role in an office environment.
Being able to demonstrate a high level of English Speaking, Reading and Writing skills will help you stand out and FIND YOUR DREAM JOB!
Functional Skills English course curriculum
This is a Framework qualification and comprises of the following courses:
Achieving this qualification This qualification consists of 3 mandatory components:
- 1. Understand routine and non-routine problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations.
- 2. Identify the situation or problems and identify the mathematical methods needed to solve them.
- 3. Choose from a range of mathematics to find solutions.
- 4. Apply a range of mathematics to find solutions.
- 5. Use appropriate checking procedures and evaluate their effectiveness at each stage.
- 6. Interpret and communicate solutions to multi-stage practical problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations.
- 7. Draw conclusions and provide mathematical justifications.
To be awarded the NCFE Functional Skills qualification in English at Level 2, learners are required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory components, by achieving their task-based assessments.
Functional Skills- Maths
- No Previous experience or qualifications are expected
- Prior Attainment of Entry Level 1 and Entry Level 2 are advantageous
- Suitable for a wide age range starting from 19+
- The provider will determine Mathematical ability
- IELTS 4.5 or equivalent qualification is preferred but not essential.
Will the qualification support progression to further learning?
It is suitable for a wide range of individuals and is fundamental to the successful completion of various wider qualifications and frameworks, such as the Diploma and Apprenticeships.
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in English
- Level 3 Core Maths qualifications
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications in Information and Communication Technology
- As this qualification develops transferable skills which will be useful in work and life, learners could also progress onto a variety of NCFE qualifications in Employability, Money Management, or vocational areas.
At Applied Business Academy, we tailor the training to suit your needs and the cost of our training programmes always aim to exceed the value you get out of it. Depending on the course you choose, the duration and cost differs. We have outlined the 3 possible ways to help you get the financial support to cover the cost of this course.
Funding & Grants
At Applied Business Academy, we can offer this course fully FREE for you through the funding grants that we have secured, and If you are eligible, it can help towards the full cost of your training. The funding will have certain terms and conditions that will need to be satisfied in order to qualify for the FREE funding grant and these are managed by the ESFA.
Please speak to our Course Advisor to know if you qualify for this funding option and your requirements further.
You could opt to pay upfront or discuss a payment plan for the full cost of the course with our advisors.
What we can help by
- Providing course outcomes along with a comprehensive training programme tailored for your company
- Establish communication with your finance/ HR departments to arrange payment options
- Outline the Terms and Conditions that apply
Speak to a Course Advisor for full information on the options available to you
Your current employer can support your cost for this course either in part or full. Please discuss with our course advisor if you are looking for full information on this finance option available to you.
What will you get in return?
- Gain expert tuition
- Exclusive access to lab equipment and facilities.
- Complete your journey with Applied Business Academy by taking examinations at our Pearson Vue Test Centre and gain your certification hassle-free!
- Our expert trainers will make it easy and support you in gaining the certification!
An added benefit that ABA offers is the flexible study options through our online VLE. You will attend weekend classes at our training centre blended with an online Distance Learning platform that covers the course curriculum and objectives needed to gain the certification. You will still have full support and guidance from our course advisors.
Get ready for a promising career in the top industries
Being proficient in Maths important when you are looking to learn and gain confidence to work in an office based role.
One of the most helpful and resourceful training centre with friendly staff greetings and over 10 years experienced tutors sharing their job prospects giving us real opportunity to get an insight into my aspiring IT job role. The teaching style is unique and would leave you hungry for more. I would definitely recommend this course.
I have been a freelancer for so many years and my passion for learning something new brought me to applied business academy. I enrolled myself on their IT Diploma programme and it has been a rewarding journey so far. I’ve learned a lot and through practical application of the learning, I have gained valuable IT support skills. I’ve joined the weekend class and if I find it hard to cope, I am given the option to come anytime on weekdays to get one to one support from a qualified IT assessor. I would strongly recommend this level 2 course for anyone who wish to learn the basics of IT support and how to become 1st line support technician! A huge thumbs up to the team at ABA!
I was planning on not going to university and wanted to experience the world of work, expand on my skills and knowledge. Apprenticeships are a great way to get into work, to build from the ground up and gives you a chance to earn while you learn. I gained a lot of knowledge about digital marketing during my time in ABA. It really opened my eyes on what it will feel like to work in a professional environment everyday and I have improved a lot of skills over the period of time. The people are awesome and really friendly. The atmosphere at the office was fantastic; I got on well with everyone in my group. I would surely recommend it to anyone who wants to start a career in marketing.
Excellent Training, Very Hands on. Fun learning Environment. Blended Learning was very good. I enjoyed the Practicals. Would highly recommend.