About HND in Computing
FUNDED, NON FUNDED OPTIONS AVAILABLE
TrustScore 4.4 | 42 reviews
The purpose of Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the computing sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
The Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications in Computing are aimed at students wanting to continue their education through applied learning. Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals provide a wide-ranging study of the computing sector and are designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in computing. In addition to the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin the study of the computing sector, Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing gives students the experience of the breadth and depth of the sector, which will prepare them for further study or training.
Course Delivery and Support
While studying for ABA’s Computing BTEC level 5 HND in London, you will be taught in a variety of ways including practical sessions, workshops and lectures by guest speakers.
Skills you will gain
Cognitive and problem-solving skills:
critical thinking, approaching non-routine problems by applying expert and creative solutions, use of systems and digital technology, generating and communicating ideas creatively.
self-management, adaptability and resilience, self-monitoring and self-development, self-analysis and reflection, planning and prioritising.
effective communication and articulation of information, working collaboratively, negotiating and influencing, self-presentation.
Complete the HND in Computing qualification and get ready to work in industry as a:
- Network Engineer
- Network Manager
- Software Developer
- Systems Designer
- Business Analyst
- Games Developer
- Web Developer
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Fraud Analyst
- Operation Research Scientist
- IT Security Coordinator
- Data Scientist
- Robotics Engineer
HND Computing course curriculum
You will study the following units:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Computing Level 4 Units: 120 credits Module 1: Programming (15 credits) Module 2: Networking (15 credits) Module 3: Professional Practice (15 credits) Module 4: Database Design and Development (15 credits) Module 5: Security (15 credits) Module 6: Managing a Successful Computing Project (15 credits) Module 8: Computer Systems Architecture (15 credits)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Certificate in Computing Level 5 units: 120 credits Unit 13: Computing Research Project (30 credits) Unit 14: Business Intelligence (15 credits) Unit 28: Prototyping (15 credits) Unit 34: System Analysis and Design (15 credits) Unit 37: Architecture (15 credits) Unit 38: Database Management Systems (15 credits)
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in a related subject area
- GCE Advanced Level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject (likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C)
- Other related Level 3 qualification
- Access to a Higher Education Certificate or relevant work experience
- Non-native English speaking students or those who haven’t studied the final two years of school in English that can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.0 awarded on individual sections
|Tuition Fees||£5800 per year|
At Applied Business Academy, we tailor our training to suit your needs, and the cost of our training programmes always aim to exceed the value you get out of them.
Depending on the course you choose, the duration and cost differ. We have outlined the 3 possible ways to help you get the financial support to cover the cost of this course.
Funding & Grants
This course will be offered in partnership with North East Surrey College of Technology (NESCOT). Students may be admitted to this course through NESCOT, which will be determined at the admissions stage.
Under our collaborative partnership with NESCOT, each successful applicant will be officially registered as a NESCOT student. Students will have access to all the teaching, learning and supporting facilities offered by the Academy.
Please speak to our Course Advisor to find out further if you qualify for this funding option, and your requirements.
The Academy is in the process of developing a partnership arrangement with NESCOT for Higher Education provision that will allow the Academy to deliver its courses. However, these arrangements are in the final stage.
You can opt to pay upfront or discuss a payment plan for the full cost of the course with our advisors.
How We Can Help
- Provide course outcomes along with a comprehensive training programme tailored for your company
- Establish communication with your finance/ HR departments to arrange payment options
- Outline the Terms and Conditions that apply
Speak to a Course Advisor for more information on the options available to you
Your current employer can support your cost for this course either partially or in full. Please discuss this with our course advisor if you are looking for more information on this finance option and it’s availability to you.
What will you get in return?
You can convert your Computing HND into a full bachelor’s degree by taking a one-year top-up programme at various institutions around the UK, or you can seek a career in Network Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Security, Intelligent Systems, and Applications Development.
Get ready for a promising career in the top industries
Upon successful completion of the Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma at Level 5,
students can develop their careers in the computing sector through:/p>
- Entering employment
- Continuing existing employment
- Linking with the appropriate vendor accredited certificates
- Committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Progressing to university